Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Cape Ann Brewing Fisherman's Ale

I love my wife - she picks way better gifts for me than I do for her and I am happy to admit that...she's way more creative and thoughtful. I usually go and get her whatever she has clearly mentioned that she wants and I get excited to give it to her and end up telling her before the gift giving occasion. Anyway, anniversary #4's gift was a membership in the Beer of the Month Club. Through an act of God, I managed to miss out on the month where Santa Fe Brewing was one of the selections. Instead, I got a brewery in Yellowstone and Cape Ann Brewing, of which we'll check out the Fisherman's Ale today.

This was a very clean, pretty light beer. The bottle and all the info that came with the beers called it an "American style kolsch" beer, which I totally agree with. It's got a light ale taste with a hint of sweetness and caramel. Don't expect much (if any) aftertaste, as it's really subdued. Not bitter at all (only 24 IBUs) and a pretty standard alcohol content (5.0% ABV). Tina really enjoyed this one, as a fan of lighter beers. It was a little too light for my taste, so if I would happen to be at the brewery, I wouldn't get it again. Not that it was a bad beer...just not my flavor.

No comments: