Sunday, September 13, 2009

Freaking Pittsburgh...at least I had a decent beer to console me

The Pittsburgh Steelers can suck it. As a Seattle Seahawks fan, I have a strong disdain for the Steelers as they (though an obvious series of bribes and sexual favors) managed to win a Super Bowl against the Seahawks...then proceeded to do the same thing against the Cardinals. So, after being stuck in a day's worth of estate and trust CPE (definitely not the sexy-est topics of taxation), I needed manly sports and beer.

Since I was in Scottsdale, I wanted to swing into the Skeptical Chymist, watch the game and have some brew. Carlsberg, which is apparently a good sports beer, was on special and I had never had it before. The beer was a light golden color, with minimal head. No real smell to speak of - just a little hint of malt. The taste was where it hit home for me - really crisp, malty and refreshing. The flavor got shaper and crisper as it went down your throat. With no aftertaste, the beer was extremely smooth. I would have this beer again, especially if I was watching football and wanted a good beer to wash down my team's defeat....

Appearance - 3.5/5.0 - Light golden color with minimal head
Smell - 3.0/5.0 - Crisp malt smell, although very subdued
Taste - 3.5/5.0 - Nice malty hop flavor, crisp but medium body and crisper as it went down
Feel - 4.0/5.0 - No aftertaste and real smooth
Drinkability - 4.0/5.0 - Would have again; a really nice beer for a regular drinking need (sports, tailgating, etc...)

No comments: