Saturday, November 14, 2009

60 Minutes equals a Tasty Beer

I had the 90 Minute IPA at the Yardhouse a while ago and never had a chance to try its sister brews, the 60 Minute IPA and the 120 Minute IPA. I would expect them to both be tasty and finally picked up the 60 Minute at Papago Brewing tonight. Almost went for the 120 Minute, but I couldn't justify a $8.80 12 oz. beer...just couldn't do it.

The beer poured a light golden color with a stout white foamy head, which really stuck around. You get the lovely floral citrus boutique that you would expect from an IPA. The beer isn't terribly bitter, but does have some bitterness to it. The hops are still there, just not overly pronounced. The beer feels really smooth and well blended, which I come to expect from Dogfish Head brews. If I could get this in town, I would get it again. This is a high quality IPA that I would definitely use to introduce folks to the style.

Appearance - 4.0/5.0 - Light golden color, good white foamy head that stuck around for a bit.
Smell - 4.5/5.0 - Lovely citrus, floral boutique
Taste - 4.0/5.0 - Enough bitterness to be in line with the style, but not so much to knock your socks off. A good representation of the style.
Feel -4.5/5.0 - Smooth, well blended. Very little aftertaste
Drinkability - 4.5/5.0 - If I could get it in Albuquerque, would be a regular purchase.

No comments: