Monday, October 19, 2009

Mirror Mirror at the Bar...


I have heard a lot about this Deschutes Brewery - sounds like my last name (Deshayes), which I found out means trash in French. Screw you Frenchie. Anyway, I saw this was on tap and figured I better try it and see what the fuss was about.

The general appearance of the beer was pretty appropriate given that it was a pale ale and was pretty nicely golden. The head was light and dissipated quickly. I didn't get a lot of aroma from the beer, which was sad, as I like the scents that pale ales and IPAs have. Fortunately, the beer made up for the lack of smell with some great flavor - hops, bitterness, a bit of floral citrus. At the same time, the beer was very smooth, so nothing that would drastically piss off anyone. A good overall beer that I would definitely have again.

Appearance - 3.5/5.0 - A golden color with light head
Smell - 3.0/5.0 - Really light, which I was surprised with given it was a pale ale
Taste -4.0/5.0 - A really strong potent hop flavor with appropriate bitterness. Smooth at the same time.
Feel - 4.0/5.0 - Smooth and bitter at the same time and felt good in the mouth. No overkill.
Drinkability - 4.5/5.0 - A good solid beer that I would definitely get again.

No comments: